Sunday, November 2, 2008

Coupon Clipping

Coupon clipping was not as simple as I thought it would be! Did I save money? Yes, but it was a lot more work than I thought it would be.

I have now finished my second shopping trip of coupon clipping and finding the best savings for my family. The first trip was not a fruitful savings trip. I saved a total of $4.25 which was disappointing to me. My oldest son made it sound better when he made me think about it as an hourly wage. “If you made minimum wage an hour you would have had to work for 3o minutes.” Ok that sounds more like it that is 3o minutes I can spend with my family doing something that I enjoy instead of working. That gave me the drive to try my hand at coupon clipping again this week and I must say that it was a little bit more fruitful than the first, $19.75 to be exact. That means I have saved $24.00 this month on our family grocery bill. Ok so it is not as much as what I have read about or have heard about on the talk shows, but it is a start in the right direction and now it is a family challenge to see how much we can save on groceries. Maybe we will take a trip with the savings!

No comments: