Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Meal planning Monday

Monday is the day I plan my menu for the following week, which is for us Saturday through Friday, since I do most of my grocery shopping on Saturday. If I start menu planning on Monday it gives me the rest of the week to go through the sale fliers and coupons to find the best buys on the foods I need. I have to admit as I go through the fliers my menu might change, but it changes for the sack of saving money.

The fist meal I plan is our big family meal. When you have teens and college students for children you are lucky if you get one meal a week with everyone around the family table. I plan this meal first because I make a big portion of meat. This meat can then be used for other meals through out the week.

Week of September 4, 2010 to September 10, 2010

Saturday

Tri Tip
Scallop Potatoes
Grilled Vegetables (From Garden)

Sunday
Roasted Chicken
Brown Rice
Fried Eggplant (From Garden)

Monday
Tri Tip Sandwiches with Aujius
Raw Vegetables with ranch dressing

Tuesday
Chicken Enchiladas
Refried Black Beans
Green Salad

Wednesday
Grilled Chicken
Sautéed Zucchini, eggplant and yellow squash (From Garden)
Over wheat noodles

Thursday
Left over night
We have left over night so that
We do not waste food.

Friday
Friday night has to be fast, because it’s football night
And the boys have to be back at school early.
BLT and Turkey Sandwiches with garden fresh tomatoes

No comments: