Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Making a Band Book Mark

I have always used a big rubber band for my book marks, which works great but it is not too fashionable. I tried embellishing the rubber band but that to, was not fashionable enough for a good read.

I had beads and elastic band from a previous project that I thought would work for my new book markers. I found some jewelry eye pins and charms in the jewelry making section of the craft store to finish off the project with.

Here is what you will need:



• Stretch Magic bead and jewelry cord (1.5 mm)
• Jewelry eye pins (3 inch)
• Glass Beads
• Charms
• Needle nose pliers
• Wire cutters

String your beads and charm onto the eye pin in the pattern of choice.  I did mine about 2 inches long.  Next take your needle nose pliers and twist a loop on the end.  Clip the extra wire off with wire clippers.
It will look like this when you are done.  Next tie the stretch magic to one end using a fish hook knot.  Measure the stretch magic over a book to get the desired length.  Tie another fish hook knot.  Clip off the extra elastic.   
You know have a great a simple book marker.  This would also make a great gift for those avid readers. 
Here is the knot that I used. 



No comments: