Saturday, October 23, 2010

My $5.00 Dinner Challenge

This week I put myself to the $5.00 dinner challenge and I have to say it was a challenge, because when I cook I make more than 4 servings at a time. Let me just say that I have two teenage boys, one that plays football and the other plays football and lacrosse. One serving for these very active boys just doesn’t cut it. So I have come to the conclusion this week, if I can make a family meal that cost me $1.25 a serving I am happy with that.



Meatball Sandwich
One package of Colombo Sandwich Rolls $1.88


24 Italian Meatballs 1 oz each 4 meatballs on each sandwich $2.64

I purchased the meatballs from Sam’s Club it was a 6 pound bag for $10.99 making the meatballs $0.11 each

Deal Monte Four Cheese Spaghetti Sauce $0.98

Parmesan Cheese or Grated Pizza Cheese $0.54


Total Cost: $6.04
Price per serving $1.01

1 comment:

Jane said...

My husband loves to make very similar meatball sandwiches using frozen meatballs....always yummy! I never realized what a bargain they are! And, I totally understand about feeding teenage boys...mine are now 21 and 19 and in their own apartment together. But, they can really put away the food!