Wednesday, October 13, 2010

When work seems overwhelming I…



When I’m feeling over whelmed with too many deadlines and not enough time to get it all done or so I think.  The first thing I do is go for a quick walk around the block.  It always seems to clean the cob webs out and by the time I get back I can think more clearly.  Once back I will get things organized and make myself that wonderful thing we all call a list, I prioritize.  I that fails I sit down with girls and a half gallon of our favorite ice cream, spoons no bowls and we all dig in.  Our problems and stress melt away and at least we can all have a good laugh with one another.
Every good thing is better if you can share it with a friend.  (Pam Brown)




4 comments:

Leah Beyer said...

I so do the same thing. A quick walk in the fresh air gives you new perspective!

R. Molder said...

Taking a walk definitely helps and eating ice cream would probably melt away any troubles of the day!

Susan DiMickele said...

Too funny -- I love the walk too (with my coffee break). It's amazing what some fresh air can do.

Julia Ladewski said...

ditto!!! ice cream is my stress relief too. it probably shouldn't be, but it is. love that you take a walk though. nice to clear the mind.