You and your child will enjoy making these ornaments for your Christmas tree. It is a great sensory experience for the children with the texture and smell of the dough. Make plenty of dough because you will want to make plenty of them for the tree. You will love them for years to come, with the fresh sent of cinnamon for the holiday. You can also use these ornament for other holiday occasions like Mother’s Day.
What You Will Need:
• 1 1/2 cups ground cinnamon (you can get large containers at the dollar store or warehouse stores)
• 1 cup applesauce
• ¼ cup white school glue
• Large Mixing Bowl
• Wax Paper or Foil
• Plastic Wrap
• Rolling Pins
• Cookie Cutter or Plastic knives for cutting shapes
• Ribbon for hanging
• Straw to make the hole for hanging
How to Make Ornaments
• Mix cinnamon, applesauce and glue together in the large mixing bowl. Dough should be firm.
• Have children roll dough out on wax paper about ¼ inch thick
• Cut into desired shape.
• At the top pock a hole in it for hanging
• Place cut out onto wax paper for drying
• You can embellish ornaments with glitter
• Once dry string ribbon through hole and tie.
This is what the dough should look like when you are done mixing it.